619 Bowne Road, Wayside, NJ -
Bowne's New Store - Torn Down 2016
Building Constructed 1851
Building Marked by Township of Ocean Historical Society 1976
Building Torn Down 2016
Charles C. Bowne Jr. operated Bowne's New Store from April 1851 until the early 1900 . The store was located on the present Bowne Road south of Deal Road. A 1905 advertisement lists a barrel of flour for $5.95 and pork at 8¢ a pound. The New Store also carried yard goods, horse blankets, and cigars.
The property was converted to a residence after World War II. The building itself existed until late 2016, although it was abandoned, on Bowne Road, but was torn down to make way for a new development.